Today will be my first attempt at posting a blog. I am a horrible speller and lack grammatical proficiency. But here goes! The Skid Row Gourmet or How to live good on the cheap" is a blog about everything from news events to political discussion and we always aim to cook fresh food. The Skid Row Gourmet shows you how to make some of your favorite foods out of inexpensive and often times free food. Every week we go to food banks in the local community and the local dollar store we then use the ingredients to make delicious mouth watering food.
Todays Recipe and our first will be a four course dinner made with ingredients gathered at local food banks,farmers markets'dollar stores and grocery store clearance isles. I want to note that there are basic items that one should aim to keep in the kitchen for making various foods. That list an entire different blog which I will get to later.
Garlic Teriyaki - Salmon - Ingredients Salmon' Garlic'Teriyaki Marinade'Black Pepper'Olive oil
Kale Super- Food Salad -Ingredients Kale Walnuts Blueberries Black Berries Dried Cranberries and Raisins Sunflower Seeds Carrots
Kale With Smoked Turkey Ingredients Kale Smoked Turkey Wings or not if vegan Minced garlic Onions Parsley mushrooms
Bean Salad- 2 Cans Whole Beans of your choice (make sure to rinse especially if if brine) Mushrooms Canned Green Beans Onions Celery Olives Parsley
Berry Vinaigrette - Blueberries Black Berries Apple Cider Vinegar Olive Oil Salt Sugar Pepper Spices And fresh Herbs blended to taste
Bean Salad Dressing - Vinegar Sugar Salt Oil Pepper Oregano Dried and other italian spices
Garlic Teriyaki Salmon
1.Marinate salmon In teriyaki and minced garlic for 30 minutes
2.Drizzle Olive oil on Baking Sheet Place marinated Salmon on the Baking Sheet Bake in Oven @ 450 Degrees Skin Side down for 12 to 15 minutes
Kale Super-Food Salad
1. Chop Kale to edible sizes
2. Add Berries
3. Add Berry Vinaigrette toss Kale in Vinaigrette
4. Refrigerate for one hour
5. On Serving Add Walnuts cranberries raisins almonds etc
Kale W/ Smoked Turkey and Mushrooms
1. Place smoked Turkey In Pot Of Water Bring To A Boil
2. Chop Kale to edible size
3. When Water is Boiling cover turkey with Kale mushrooms onions minced garlic and herbs
4. Bring heat to lowest and cook Kale to desired tenderness slowly
1. Add Garbanzo Green Beans Celery Parsley Salt Pepper Red Kidney Beans Onion Olives together ( Rinse canned beans twice remove salt)
2. Add Dressing and let marinate for at least 1 hour mix it every 15 minutes to move flavor try and use a flat dish to marinate these beans.
1. Berry Vinaigrette - Mix ingredients to taste pour over kale to soften the kale
2. Bean Salad Dressing - Mix ingredients to taste pour over beans and marinate an hour or even overnight.
Well that,s it my first attempt at blogging